We book dancers to perform, dance host, teach or simply to social dance and keep the dance floor moving.
We have event opportunities for various dance levels: advanced beginner – professional.
If you love to dance and enjoy sharing the joys of dance with others, we would love to have you join the team!!
YES! Here are some other skills that make a great Event Dancer:
- Good communication
- Flexibility (…with how the event actual flows since things do not always go according to the best laid plans)
- Timeliness (being on time for events is essential)
If you have these skills and LOVE to dance, we encourage you to apply.
Pay rates will vary depending upon what the event requirements are. The “Event Opportunities” email will tell you the pay rate for that specific event,
With Event Dancer you can choose what type of events you would like to be given opportunities for.
Nope. Many events require no performing at all, just fun social dancing and leading a few dance steps.
Any event that could possibly have dance hosting involved will likely require you to asks event participants to dance and be available if they ask you.
Event Dancer sends out payment every 5th of the month for the previous month events.
Although it is recommended that you feel comfortable teaching both lead and follow, some people may prefer to only teach with a dance partner, the lead teaching the lead and the follow teaching the follow. If this is your preference you can let us know during the application process and we will do our best to send opportunities your way that require a teaching pair. Please note that some events only hire one dancer/instructor so if you only teach one side of the equation, you may receive a few less “Event Opportunities”.
The exact requirements of a dance event will vary from event to event. However there are base level requirements such as:
- A performance event would be booked with a dance couple or team that meets the performance specifications already established when applying to be considered for booking through Event Dancer, however, after a performance the couple/group may need to dance host or lead a few dance steps.
- Non-performance events usually require a combination of dance hosting and leading basic dance steps.
- Secret Dancer events generally require dancers to go to an event (often disguised as a participant) and have fun rocking the dance floor.
If you qualify for the level and style of dancing required for an event you will get an “Event Opportunity” email explaining the specific details and requirements of that event.
Event Dancer receives various requests and opportunities for a wide range of dance levels. The most common requests require an intermediate or above level dancer. We do at times get requests that would be suitable for an experienced or “advanced beginner” dance level. If you are uncertain of your skill level, we encourage you to apply regardless. We can even help the right person gain the skills needed to be a great Event Dancer!